Friday, March 16, 2007

Former justice Singh rejects chairmanship of ECDC

Former Supreme Court justice Ram Nagina Singh has turned down his nomination by the government as the chairman of the Electoral Constituency Delineation Commission (ECDC) formed by Thursday's cabinet meeting ekantipur reports.

Singh said that he was not interested in the government decision as "election was not his area."

"The government has taken the decision without informing me. So I refuse the government offer," said Singh.

Asked whether he would have accepted the government offer had he been informed in advance, Singh said, "Election is not an area of my expertise. So I would have rejected the offer even if I had been informed in advance."

Earlier, a cabinet source had informed that today's cabinet meeting had decided to form the ECDC under the chairmanship of former justice Singh while Nobel Kishor Rai and Shwayambhu Man Amatya were nominated the other members of the commission.

No comments: